Bookkeeping & Payroll Qualifications for the Future
It’s not easy deciding on a career path with so much uncertainty in the market place. One thing is for sure: with IAB qualifications on your CV, you can offer financial expertise to countless businesses crying out for your skills.
As a savvy professional looking forward to the future in payroll and bookkeeping, you understand how crucial it is to be trained - to outshine the competition, and compete with the best. IAB bookkeeping and payroll qualifications give you all this and more...
Why make the IAB your first choice?
- As a professional body for bookkeepers, and an awarding body regulated by government, you can depend on the IAB’s authority whether you’re in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- Because IAB qualifications are accredited, your professional competence will always be recognised...
- If you’re an international student, you can study bookkeeping courses and exams across the globe. Check our world map of training centres...
By professionals for professionals
All of our bookkeeping and payroll courses give you a foundation of skills micro and small businesses demand: practical knowledge and know-how.
Why are our qualifications so popular? Simple. Courses are devised by an expert team of education specialists, IAB members, employers and professional organisations. The result? Comprehensive, relevant training so you can hit the ground running.
Why should I study with the IAB?
- The IAB is an Ofqual Recognised Awarding Organisation with regulated, accredited qualifications, which means studying through the IAB leads to you gaining valued, professional status
- Gaining an IAB qualification gives prospective employers or clients complete confidence in your expert skills, whilst exclusive access to IAB Professional membership offers on-going support throughout your career
- IAB qualifications open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extend business accounting and payroll skills if you’re currently employed or a business owner
- With skills gained from IAB qualifications you can set up your own business as a professional bookkeeper or a payroll administrator for numerous industries. The IAB supervises those of its professional members who are in business as bookkeepers with their own clients and it is important to be aware after qualifying, it is a legal requirement to be supervised
- You could secure a position in a local accountancy practice which needs bookkeepers and payroll administrators to prepare their clients' accounts
- You will have access to a range of professional and lifstyle benefits saving you money and helping you to begin or further your career.
- Free student membership for a year when registering onto an IAB qualification and access to past exam papers and additional resources
What questions should I ask about classroom based study?
You should ask the following questions:
- Is the IAB registration fee included in the fee I pay you (the training provider)?
- What is included in the fee, e.g study text books etc?
- How long is the course?
- Do you have any entry requirements? (While the IAB doesn’t have any entry requirements for its qualifications other than a good understanding of the English language, some centres do, especially if you are going straight into a higher level eg. Level 3)
What is classroom based study?
Classroom Based learning, is a form of teaching which takes place in a classroom environment.
It usually consists of going into a centre once a week at a set time for a set duration.
Some IAB centres run intensive week or two week courses where you may go into the centre every day, while other centres may run weekly lessons which will run for a couple of months.