Bookkeeping & Payroll Qualifications for the Future
It’s not easy deciding on a career path with so much uncertainty in the market place. One thing is for sure: with IAB qualifications on your CV, you can offer financial expertise to countless businesses crying out for your skills.
As a savvy professional looking forward to the future in payroll and bookkeeping, you understand how crucial it is to be trained - to outshine the competition, and compete with the best. IAB bookkeeping and payroll qualifications give you all this and more...
Why make the IAB your first choice?
- As a professional body for bookkeepers, and an awarding body regulated by government, you can depend on the IAB’s authority whether you’re in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- Because IAB qualifications are accredited, your professional competence will always be recognised...
- If you’re an international student, you can study bookkeeping courses and exams across the globe. Check our world map of training centres...
By professionals for professionals
All of our bookkeeping and payroll courses give you a foundation of skills micro and small businesses demand: practical knowledge and know-how.
Why are our qualifications so popular? Simple. Courses are devised by an expert team of education specialists, IAB members, employers and professional organisations. The result? Comprehensive, relevant training so you can hit the ground running.
Why should I study with the IAB?
- The IAB is an Ofqual Recognised Awarding Organisation with regulated, accredited qualifications, which means studying through the IAB leads to you gaining valued, professional status
- Gaining an IAB qualification gives prospective employers or clients complete confidence in your expert skills, whilst exclusive access to IAB Professional membership offers on-going support throughout your career
- IAB qualifications open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extend business accounting and payroll skills if you’re currently employed or a business owner
- With skills gained from IAB qualifications you can set up your own business as a professional bookkeeper or a payroll administrator for numerous industries. The IAB supervises those of its professional members who are in business as bookkeepers with their own clients and it is important to be aware after qualifying, it is a legal requirement to be supervised
- You could secure a position in a local accountancy practice which needs bookkeepers and payroll administrators to prepare their clients' accounts
- You will have access to a range of professional and lifestyle benefits saving you money and helping you to begin or further your career.
- Free student membership for a year when registering onto an IAB qualification and access to past exam papers and additional resources
What are the different ways to study?
What are the benefits of being a student member of the IAB?
As a student member of the IAB you have access to a range of benefits. These are aimed to help you save money and by gaining qualifications with us it also helps to further your professional career.
The benefits currently available to students include:
- You can apply for a NUS Extra Card, giving you discounts from a range of high street and online stores. The cost is only £12 for one year and students may need to obtain a letter from the IAB Education Department to attach to their application. This can be obtained by emailing email@example.com quoting your IAB Student Number. You can apply online for the card on the NUS Website http://cards.nus.org.uk/buy.
- Student Privileges has been designed to offer you a taster of the full benefits package available to professional members. It is the unique member's benefits package offering IAB students fantastic cost-saving discounts on a portfolio of everyday products and services, designed to support you both personally and professionally. Offers include: discounts on cinema tickets, money off Apple products, retail cashback between 5 and 15%, discounts on hotel accommodation, CV Writing and interview coaching service
- Access to monthly e-newsletters keeping you informed about the latest news from the IAB, including information about qualifications and events.
(If you have registered with us as a student and would like further details about these benefits please log on to the restricted area of our website. If you haven’t received log in details or are having problems accessing the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org. )
IAB qualifications provide the perfect opportunity to gain employment and help you achieve your career goals. The IAB also offers Professional Membership to support you whether you set up your own business or decide to work for a company. To find out more about membership with us and the full range of professional and lifestyle benefits available please contact the membership team on email@example.com or phone 01732 897750.
What’s the difference between student membership and professional membership?
You are automatically given a year’s free student membership when you register for an IAB qualification. Student membership doesn’t automatically grant you professional membership.
Professional membership is completely separate to this and is for those who have gained an IAB level 2 qualification or higher or an equivalent with another awarding body. There are fees involved with professional membership. To apply for professional membership please contact the membership team on 01732 897750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.