Our new suite of qualifications have been created since Ofqual introduced the RQF framework in 2016. As an awarding body regulated by government, you can depend on the IAB’s authority and as IAB qualifications are accredited, your professional competence will always be recognised.
Advantages of studying with the IAB
- Simplified assessment
- The latest and most current framework
- All Level 1 qualifications are assessed by knowledge test and assignment only, no examinations
- Completely updated, professional qualifications
- Equips learners for a wide range of employment opportunities in various sectors
- Internationally recognised and respected qualifications
- Prepares learners for chartered accountancy training
- Increased employability
IAB qualifications and fees
If a student is studying with a learning provider, the qualification fees are determined by the centre they choose. For information on all IAB qualifications click here. Self-study registration fees are also detailed on this document.
Methods of study
- Classroom based learning – this takes place in a classroom environment, usually with classes taking place once a week at a centre locally to the student. For more information on this method of study click here.
- Distance learning – this can be administered in many forms, students should ensure they understand exactly what they are registering for before signing up with a distance learning provider. The geographical location of a distance learning provider is not relevant as the student will not travel to the centre. Click here to learn more.
- Self-study – students teach themselves the content of the qualification, there is no tutor support available to them. Students should register directly with the IAB for this method. To find out how to register please click here.
Where examinations can be held
All IAB examinations must be held under proper examination conditions. This applies for both paper based exams and online exams. In the case of learners who have opted for a classroom based centre, this will most likely be held at their chosen centre, unless agreed otherwise. However, for students who have chosen to study with a distance learning provider or as a self-study learner, they will have to organise for their examinations to be held at an external examination centre. We have a list of external examination centres located around the country, these can be found here.
Where can I find more information about the IAB RQF qualifications?
Should you have any queries regarding the RQF qualifications please don’t hesitate to contact the Education Department on Education@iab.org.uk.