Designed to provide learners with a knowledge and understanding of some of the International Accounting Standards applied when drafting financial statements for a limited company, equip learners with the skills required to draft financial statements for a single limited company, and prepare consolidated financial statements for a group of companies.
The qualification is made up of:
1 – Examination
110 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
330 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
Who is this qualification for?
1 Those who already hold the IAB Levels 2 and 3 Bookkeeping and Accounting qualification, or other bookkeeping/accounting equivalent accredited qualifications recognised by the IAB, and want to further their studies at an advanced level.
2 Those who already have some experience of bookkeeping and accounting as senior bookkeepers, accounting technicians or in allied roles, but wish to enhance their knowledge and skills so that they can perform some of the more advanced routine and non-routine tasks associated with accounting for limited companies.
3 Those who may wish to continue to a higher level of study in accounting and related subjects by ultimately progressing to chartered level.
What you’ll study
Prepare and appraise financial statements D/616/9102
- Understand the legal status of a limited company
- Account for the capital structure of a limited company
- Prepare a Statement of Profit or Loss and a Statement of Financial Position for internal use
- Understand the need for a regulatory framework
- Understand the purpose of the Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting
- Apply International Accounting Standards
- Prepare a Statement of Profit or Loss and a Statement of Financial Position in published format
- Prepare a Statement of Cash Flows
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Calculate and interpret accounting ratios and appraise financial performance
How much will it cost?
Self-Study students should contact the IAB for the self-study fee
This fee covers the following:
- Registration onto the qualification
- All IAB assessment fees (excluding re-sits)
- Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
- Free IAB student membership for 1 year (click here for a list of student benefits)
If you want to find out more about self study please click here
How is it assessed?
This qualification is made up of:
1 – Paper-based Examination
Examinations can be taken in any month and on any day (subject to the examination centre). This means that you can move up through the levels quickly as well.
Examinations require a minimum of 5 weeks notice in the UK and 8 weeks for those outside of the UK, before the examination date. This allows us enough time to process the registrations and get the examination papers dispatched