The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has launched a Cyber Aware campaign to help individuals and organisations protect themselves online.
During the festive period last year, cyber criminals stole an average £775 from each victim, according to Action Fraud. Cyber security is even more important when so many will do their shopping online this Christmas.
At the heart of the Cyber Aware campaign are six steps for protection against the most common cyber attacks. These are:
- Create a separate password for email.
- Create a strong password using three random words.
- Save passwords in your browser.
- Turn on two-factor authentication.
- Update devices.
- Turn on backup.
- For more information go to https://tinyurl.com/y5p79h4l