- This event has passed.
Webinar: Cybersecurity in the GDPR era
November 30, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
We have teamed up with SmartVault to bring you this free webinar where you will learn 3 key ways to protect yourself and your clients from cyber criminals.
Date and Time: Friday 30th November at 1pm.
As we continue to work more collaboratively in the cloud, cybersecurity is a growing concern for those entrusted with sensitive financial information. As a bookkeeper, you are especially at risk. Join us for this live webinar to learn how you can protect yourself and your clients online.
- What is involved in cybersecurity and why bookkeepers are a specific target for cyber-criminals.
- In what particular areas are bookkeepers at high risk and where do we have the most liability when handling clients’ sensitive information, especially in a virtual environment.
- What are the tools and actions we can take right now to prevent against identity theft, fraud, defacement, or unauthorised access into websites, computers, mobile devices and online logins and databases.
Walk away from this session with 3 key ways to protect yourself (and your clients) against cyber-crime and hackers who can destroy your reputation and literally put you out of business.
To register for the webinar please visit: https://www.smartvault.com/resource/cybersecurity-in-the-gdpr-era/.
SmartVault have also published the article below on email safety written by Gabrielle Fontaine who will be hosting the webinar.
- IAB Event
- Collaborative Partner Event
Do you want to learn new skills, network with like-minded people and get to grips with industry changes the easy way? You can — at one of our regular events.
Open to IAB members, students and non-members alike, our events offer you opportunities during the year to gain:
- Expert guidance and advice from guest speakers
- Practical ideas on how to run business efficiently
- Network contacts and allies, as well as support
And since events count as proactive CPD points (as listed in your Members Handbook), time is well spent maintaining best practice — and learning new strategies to take back to the office.
Better still, by staying on top of new regulations and legislation, you offer clients even more value. You can even attend the Institute of Financial Accountants’ (IFA) branch meetings and seminars at the sarne cost as an IFA member! Simply contact the IFA direct to find out more