The news from the week ending 17th April 2020
Janet Jack – CEO
Sarah Palmer – COO
Simon Jordan – Marketing
Below are the notes from the podcast
- The main focus of the week has been payroll due to updates to the furloughed workers guidance last Friday and again on Wednesday evening, software updates and this coinciding with it being payroll year-end.
- Kerry Wale, our payroll expert was available for questions on Wednesdays coffee morning, which was a really informative session.
- Furloughed Workers Job Retention scheme, it is now clear that employees on Furlough are able to work in a second job and be paid so long as they are immediately available to go back to work with their primary employer. This is good news for those wanting to top up their wages by fruit picking.
- Wednesday saw the launch by the software companies of the new updates for processing Furloughed Workers and SSP. While this is welcome it has become apparent that each software company has interpreted the guidance differently.
- The Chancellor said in his statement on Wednesday evening that he had changed the cut off date for furloughing workers to 19th March from the 28th February. The implication being that many March payrolls needed reprocessing for the third time.
- Payroll Year-End, this is on Sunday 19th so all changes and updates need to be reported before then.
- Payroll Portal – yesterday we had official confirmation that the portal for submitting the Furloughed Workers grants will be open on Monday. HMRC are stress-testing their system and are expecting 480,000 applications and hour.
- It has been reported that the Business Grants based on Rateable Value are starting to be received which is great news
- The Bookkeeper – this will be sent out next week to the printers and will be available online.
- Tax Cards – these are being sent out with the magazine
- Awards – an update on what to expect next week!
Click the image below for the link to the Coffee Morning
If you have any questions regarding this week’s episode, please email email@example.com