The Government has said the UK will be leaving the EU on 31 October.
Leaving the EU without a deal means there will be immediate changes to the way UK businesses trade with the EU that may impact your business, your clients’ businesses or the business you work for.
HMRC has started writing to VAT registered business to let them know the next steps they need to take. If you trade with the EU you can find the letter on no deal Brexit advice for businesses trading with the EU. If you also trade with the rest of the world you can find the letter on no deal Brexit advice for businesses trading with the EU and/or the rest of the world.
Support from HMRC to get your business ready for Brexit
HMRC has published two ‘how to…’ documents on their Brexit communications resources page, which are designed to help traders decide which procedures to use when either:
- importing goods from the EU into the UK through roll on roll off (RoRo) locations after Brexit
- exporting to the EU through roll on roll off (RoRo) locations after Brexit.
Contact the Brexit imports and exports helpline
To get information about importing and exporting goods after Brexit, you can call the helpline to find out about:
- customs declarations and procedures
- duties and tariffs
- importing and exporting different goods
- transporting goods to and from the EU
- product safety regulations.
Telephone: 0300 3301 331
The helpline is available from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.