HMRC will be undertaking scheduled maintenance to the Making Tax Digital (MTD) services for both VAT and Income Tax Self Assessment (ITSA), in order to incorporate security updates.
Businesses will be unable to use the MTD VAT and Income Tax services from 11.30pm on Saturday 15 June to 10.30am on Sunday 16 June.
During these periods, users will be unable to:
- Sign up for Making Tax Digital
- Create an Agent services account (although all other Agent services will be available)
- Submit returns
- View previous submissions and payment details
- Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits
- Review and update any business details
A further period of scheduled maintenance for the MTD VAT service will take place on 17 June. From 9am to 5pm (at the latest) customers will be unable to submit VAT returns through MTD software or view return information through their online services account or software. All other elements of the MTD services will be available during this period, including the ability to sign-up to the service.
The payments service will not be available during the Sunday downtime’s but will be open on Monday 17th June.