As an IAB professional member you open the door to exclusive opportunities to grow your career – and build your future.
Offering a wealth of resources to support you professionally as well as discounts, professional membership also lets employers and clients know you are ahead of the field.
Please click on the options below to view further information about each of the benefits available to you internationally.
Gain more status
- IAB designatory letters – Entitlement to use IAB designatory letters after your name as evidence of the fact that you hold a professional qualification and/or have the relevant experience.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – This including seminars and online modules at special rates for IAB members. The IAB arranges several seminars throughout the year and the IAB also works with providers of online CPD. Please find a list of these providers below:
- IAB CPD units – We have Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units available for you to study which are taken from our Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualifications. You’re able to study the CPD units as a self-study student meaning you can study flexibly around your home or work commitments and learn while you earn. The units enable you to learn in-demand and highly sought after skills so you can refresh your knowledge or upskill. The knowledge you gain can be used either within your own business or improve your job prospects and open the door to a range of career opportunities. The units are short courses and excellent value for money with prices ranging between £35 and £55 per unit. As an IAB member you can receive a discount of £10 on each course by entering IABMEMCPD2019 at the checkout. For further details and to register for the CPD units please click here.
- Accountingcpd.net – Accountingcpd.net is pleased to offer members of the IAB a 10% discount on their total order. There are a range of courses to choose from on over 30 topics. Accountingcpd.net, from Nelson Croom, is an online resource for high quality accounting CPD that meets the requirements of all UK accounting bodies’ CPD regimes. For more information click here.
- Excel with Business – Excel with Business provide online CPD courses in Microsoft Office products. They have teamed up with the IAB to bring members a great discount on its Excel training courses. Please click on the links below for further details:
- Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £19 (RRP £59)
- Excel and advanced excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £29
- Ultimate Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £49 (RRP £199)
- Ultimate Office training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £59 (RRP £299)
- IAB qualifications – Improve your skill set by taking an IAB qualification and gain new skills and knowledge to use in your career. Receive a £10 discount from any IAB qualification registration fee if you choose the self-study route. Self-study is where you teach yourself either from existing knowledge, from the IAB Study Text books which can be bought via the IAB shop www.iab.org.uk/shop or from other teaching and learning resources. This method of study has no tutor support. Please note if you would like to study through an IAB accredited training provider then this discount will not apply. When registering for a qualification please quote ‘PSS’ followed by your membership number to receive your discount.
Gain more time
- IAB Members Handbook – containing valuable information for all members and sample business documents of particular relevance and use to practising members e.g. Letters of Engagement, Compliance Checklists.
- IAB Privileges – Preferential rates for personal and business insurance, discounts on business and lifestyle goods and services brought to you by IAB Privileges – a source of genuine savings that can easily exceed the IAB annual subscription. Please visit the IAB Privileges site, and then click on the International tab to view the offers which are available outside of the UK.
- Payrolljobsboard.com – The Payrolljobsboard.com is the official vacancy advertising partner of the IAB and members can register for free to receive job alerts and CV tips. Members can also enjoy 20% off of advertising rates and 50% off of the Salary Benchmarking service. To gain access to the exclusive offer on job advertisements please quote IAB at the checkout. Please note the code is case sensitive. To find out more visit: www.payrolljobsboard.com/iab or contact the Payrolljobsboard direct on:firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 811112.
- Interlinguae – Members and businesses in which members are employed can gain access to a 7% discount on translation services offered by Interlinguae, a leading international accredited company providing translation, interpreting and language training services. For more information please contact Alice Beatrizzotti at email@example.com or call +44(0) 77 61 94 65 74 or visit www.interlinguae.it/en.
- LILA – The IAB has partnered with LILA of Liverpool to offer English language and professional training courses at a discounted price. All members are entitled to a 12.5% discount on any course offered by LILA. For further information and enrolment on any course please contact LILA owner and director, Leanne Linacre on Leanne@lilalovetolearn.com or visit www.lilalovetolearn.com.
Gain more support
- Technical advice – Access to technical advice provided by a panel of experienced members. For more information please contact the Membership Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1732 897750.
- IAB newsletters – Receive monthly IAB e-newsletters and the printed ‘IAB Update’ magazine which is sent quarterly, keeping you informed of news and information about the IAB as well as news and updates from HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and much more.
- IAB Facebook group – Available exclusively for IAB members, the group has been created to provide further support to you and a platform where you can interact with fellow members. The group can be used for discussions relevant to studying or the bookkeeping profession, and can be used to post any queries you may have. To request to join the group visit: www.facebook.com/groups/IABmembersgroup.
- IAB notebook – Receive a notebook when you renew your professional membership. This is replacing the diary which was previously sent.
The IAB reserves the right, at its full discretion, to remove, add or amend member benefits. Where benefits are discontinued, the IAB will use its best endeavours to replace with others that are comparable or provide alternative value.