As an IAB professional member you open the door to exclusive opportunities to grow your career – and build your future.
Offering a wealth of resources to support you professionally as well as discounts, professional membership also lets employers and clients know you are ahead of the field.
Please click on the options below to view further information about each of the benefits available to you.
Gain more status (5 benefits)
- IAB designatory letters – Entitlement to use IAB designatory letters after your name as evidence of the fact that you hold a professional qualification and/or have the relevant experience.
- Supervision under the Money Laundering Regulations – Entitlement to register and be supervised as an IAB Member in Practice and thereby comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017. If you’re in practice then it is a legal requirement to have supervision in place. Further information about these regulations can be found here. Please note the application to be registered with the IAB as a Member in Practice is separate to the application for professional membership and there is also an additional fee.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – including seminars and online modules at special rates for IAB members. The IAB arranges several seminars throughout the year and the IAB also works with providers of online CPD. Please find a list of these providers below including CPD units provided by the IAB.
- IAB CPD units – We have Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units available for you to study which are taken from our Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualifications. You’re able to study the CPD units as a self-study student meaning you can study flexibly around your home or work commitments and learn while you earn. The units enable you to learn in-demand and highly sought after skills so you can refresh your knowledge or upskill. The knowledge you gain can be used either within your own business or improve your job prospects and open the door to a range of career opportunities. The units are short courses and excellent value for money with prices ranging between £35 and £55 per unit. As an IAB member you can receive a discount of £10 on each course by entering IABMEMCPD2019 at the checkout. For further details and to register for the CPD units please click here.
- Accountingcpd.net is pleased to offer members of the IAB a 10% discount on their total order. There are a range of courses to choose from on over 30 topics. Accountingcpd.net, from Nelson Croom, is an online resource for high quality accounting CPD that meets the requirements of all UK accounting bodies’ CPD regimes. For more information click here.
- Learn Payroll – Learn Payroll are the biggest payroll learning company in the UK and offer a huge range or training solutions. One of their most innovative solutions is a monthly training programme of live training webinars and videos. Each month you get access to live and on demand video sessions, together with downloadable full course notes) that cover the latest hot topics and issues within payroll, benefits and HR.Members have the opportunity to access this key training resource at a hugely discounted premium.
1 – One individual webinar : £50 + VAT
2 – Annual webinar package : £99 + VAT
3 – Annual webinar package and 6 help-desk calls : £149 + VAT
To find out further information, and to view the video training and course notes for free, please click here or call 01798 861111 and one of the Learn Payroll team will discuss the options.
- Excel with Business – Excel with Business provide online CPD courses in Microsoft Office products. They have teamed up with the IAB to bring members a great discount on its Excel training courses. Please click on the links below for further details:
- Lifetime ultimate Office in partnership with Excel with Business – £49
- Lifetime ultimate Excel Bundle in partnership with Excel with Business – £39
- Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £19 (RRP £59)
- Excel and advanced excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £29
- Ultimate Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £49 (RRP £199)
- Ultimate Office training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £59 (RRP £299)
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) – Membership of the CIPP has been carefully designed to provide all the knowledge, development, recognition and support that individuals within the payroll profession will need. If you are delivering a payroll or automatic enrolment service, in-house or for clients, joining the CIPP will provide direct access to a vast array of people, products and services to keep you at the forefront of the profession and give you all the confidence you’ll need for a compliant operation and rewarding career.IAB members can join the CIPP using the discount code ‘IAB35’ at the checkout to waive the registration fee and save £35. To view the benefits of CIPP membership please see: CIPP membership benefits. CIPP’s growing community of members come from right across global industry, at every career stage, and includes individuals who consider their primary profession to be accountancy, bookkeeping, finance, software, IT, management, education and human resources. Whatever your background, challenge or career stage there is a membership grade and range of benefits, designed to get you to where you need to be.For more information please visit https://www.cipp.org.uk/join-cipp.html or email email@example.com
- Xero Certification – Xero are able to offer the chance to become Xero Certified via the IAB. In this fast paced and ever changing world it’s the ideal way to learn more about cloud bookkeeping. The pace of change has never been faster and the importance of tech know-how has never been greater. Completing Xero Certification is a great step towards having a very solid understanding of all things cloud bookkeeping and of Xero. Further information can be found in this article: https://www.iab.org.uk/e_newsletters/xero-certification-offer-for-iab-members/. The course usually costs £25 + VAT, but as an IAB member you can get the course for free by entering the following discount code: XeroIAB12m.
- IAB qualifications – Improve your skill set by taking an IAB qualification and gain new skills and knowledge to use in your career. Receive a £10 discount from any IAB qualification registration fee if you choose the self-study route. Self-study is where you teach yourself either from existing knowledge, from the IAB Study Text books which can be bought via the IAB shop www.iab.org.uk/shop or from other teaching and learning resources. This method of study has no tutor support. Please note if you would like to study through an IAB accredited training provider then this discount will not apply. When registering for a qualification please quote ‘PSS’ followed by your membership number to receive your discount.
Gain more time (18 benefits)
- IAB Members Handbook – containing valuable information for all members and sample business documents of particular relevance and use to practising members e.g. Letters of Engagement, Compliance Checklists.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – Receive discounted rates from Arthur J. Gallagher, Solar Protect, Hensure Business Insurance and Trafalgar Risk Management. Further information about Solar Taxwise can also be found below:
- Solar Protect offer new improved rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance for IAB members with annual premiums starting at just £54.00. Please click here to obtain a quote and buy option. You can further reduce your annual premium by selecting the optional excess.
- IAB Privileges – Preferential rates for personal and business insurance, discounts on business and lifestyle goods and services brought to you by IAB Privileges – a source of genuine savings that can easily exceed the IAB annual subscription.
- PG Mutual is one of the benefits included within IAB Privileges. PG Mutual can provide affordable Income Protection cover to suit your individual needs whether you’re employed or self-employed, if you found yourself unable to work due to an accident or illness. View more information here, or get a Quick Quote online.
- FA Simms & Partners – FA Simms & Partners are a family-run business rescue and insolvency firm who have helped 1000’s of businesses over their 35 year trading history. They offer IAB members a free helpline where they can discuss any insolvency questions they may have and will receive free impartial and confidential advice direct from an Insolvency Practitioner. www.fasimms.co.uk/. A range of help sheets can also be found by visiting www.fasimms.co.uk/insolvency-help-sheets.
- Simply Cashflow – Simply Cashflow is an automated easy to use cash flow forecasting tool with a worksheet style to give a clear understanding of your forecast. Either use as a standalone tool or link with your Xero account for automated importing of all your raised and received invoices, bank transactions including daily bank balance updates. Permitting users to forecast ahead Daily, Weekly or Monthly for up to 5 years. It’s about good business management empowering business owners to be successful by giving them the visibility of their forecast cash position; be that in 1 week, 1 month or 1 year ahead. Exclusive to IAB members, enter discount code IAB50 to get your 50% discount. Just visit www.simplycashflow.com/iab50 to signup for your free trial.
- GoSimpleTax – GoSimpleTax Limited – Award winning HMRC approved digital software, cost effective and easy to use for you and your clients. GoSimple are working closely with HMRC to ensure the complete MTD process is done as simply and efficiently as possible. Their products include: Self-Assessment, Bookkeeping and VAT filing /Bridging software.
- GoSimpleTAX – HMRC recognised Self-Assessment and submission software covering all schedules including full Partnerships returns (excl Trust and Lloyds) £125 for 10 client SA returns than £1.00 per client thereafter.
- GoSimpleBooks – A simple bookkeeping solution with no jargon to help you and your clients move forward with the digital changes at just £5.00 per month per client you can move between clients to review and make adjustments to their records also reports VAT and files MTD.
- GoSimpleVAT -MTD compliant VAT bridging software imports a VAT report from any spreadsheet or PDF. For just £240.00 per year (£60.00 per Qtr.) for unlimited clients and unlimited submission.
Try out GoSimpleTax, GoSimpleBooks and GoSimpleVAT FREE for 14 days – no obligation, no credit card required. To register for the FREE trial please visit: https://www.gosimpletax.com/iab/.
Once you register for the trial you will automatically receive an email with a unique discount code to use should you wish to purchase the above products.
- Astrid Data Protection Ltd – Astrid is an online platform designed to help small businesses protect the personal data they hold and meet the requirements of GDPR. They are keen to support sole proprietors and microbusinesses by removing the fear factors of GDPR and providing all the tools and advice to make it as easy as possible to comply – whilst keeping this affordable for even the smallest businesses. Astrid breaks down all the activities you need to undertake into practical, manageable steps, and provides you with all the forms and tools needed. There is also a training suite and lots of helpful resources tailored around common concerns of small businesses managing sensitive data. As a member of the IAB, you can benefit from a 10% discount. To benefit from this discount simply click on this link https://www.weareastrid.co.uk?referral_code=IAB10 or you can use the code IAB10. Astrid also offers a free 3 month trial – you can create a free account to see how Astrid works and access some compliance guidance and documents.
- Yell – The IAB has partnered with Yell Business to bring you offers to help your business be found and chosen online. Please find further details of these offers below:
- FREE WEBSITE – FREE DOMAIN – FREE MARKETING TOOLKIT
Free Website Builder – an easy to use tool to create a great looking website for your business. You also get a custom domain name with matching email address and a free marketing toolkit to help get your business found online.
- WEBSITE BUILD – YELL.COM ADVERT – BUSINESS LISTING DISTRIBUTION
Starter Pack – if you haven’t the time to build your own website, Yell will do it for you. You will also get a prominent advert on Yell.com in the relevant section and your business listing will be distributed to all the places online where customers are searching.
IAB members will receive an additional 30% discount off the price of Yell’s starter pack – bringing the price down to just £20 per month.
Ideal for a new business start-up, or a business looking to strengthen its online presence.
- YELL DIGITAL MARKETING SOLUTIONS
From bespoke Websites to Google Ads, Facebook to Yell.com, Yell really do have everything you need to succeed. Yell know from experience that many business owners struggle to find the time, or acquire the skills, to set up and manage an effective digital marketing programme. That’s why everything they do is designed to make things easy for you.
What’s more, IAB members will receive a 20% discount off the price of all Yell’s Digital Marketing Solutions. Be sure to mention your IAB membership when you speak with Yell.
- Funder Finder – The IAB Funder Finder engine is simple and free, using straightforward information to match SMEs with an impressive selection of finance market leaders within minutes, with funds available from £500 up to £50 million. It is a business finance comparison engine, provided by Alternative Business Funding (ABF). It can open new conversations and ways for you to engage your clients by offering access to a fair and safe web engine that revolutionises the way professionals can offer their clients’ access to a whole-of-market solution, in a fully compliant way. If you work in an employed position, then your employer may be interested in using the platform too. To use the service and enhance your business services and client support please contact India Lewis: firstname.lastname@example.org who can guide you through the quick and easy process by phone. The solution is fair to the SME as funders cannot buy the way to the top of the rankings and your clients or employer would pay no more by using the engine than going to a funder direct. To view the terms and conditions for using the platform for your clients please visit: www.iab.org.uk/iab-funder-finder-referring-clients. If you have your own practice and are looking for funding options, then you may wish to use the platform yourself. To discover the options available to you visit: iab.funderfinder.co.uk.
- SmartVault – SmartVault are a cloud-based document transfer and storage solution. Their software is GDPR compliant, with bank-grade encryption and automatic file back-up. They are tailored to the financial sector, with bespoke folder and email templates for accountants and bookkeepers plus integrations with DocuSign, TaxCalc, Xero, Quickbooks, Outlook and more. There has never been an easier time to go paperless, giving your clients a secure and professional way to collaborate with you in the cloud. All IAB members are entitled to 20% discount on a SmartVault subscription. To claim, simply book a demo with the SmartVault team. Then when speaking to a member of the SmartVault team quote the offer code IAB20. Visit: https://www.smartvault.com/see-a-demo/. Should you have any questions about SmartVault you can contact them via the details below. When you get in contact ensure you mention the IAB. email@example.com or 01223 492266.
- Accountests Ltd – Recruit a better bookkeeper with Accountests Bookkeeper Test. If you need to recruit, an Accountests Bookkeeper Test provides a reliable assessment of your candidates current bookkeeping skills and knowledge, to enable you to make informed selection decisions. You can add an assessment of technical competency to the information gathered through interviews and reference checking. The test was developed by experienced bookkeepers and makes it easy to know what your candidate can or can’t do for you, and what further training might be needed. Full details of the benefits available to IAB members and how to access the discount can be found here. For more details on the test see https://www.accountests.com/tests/bookkeeping-test/.
- Cambridge Global Payments – For the past 25 years Cambridge Global Payments have been providing services to both corporate and private clients. Technology at Cambridge has supported the speed and efficiency that other financial institutions may not support. Rates are often competitive, but institutions can often add a hefty transaction fees. Furthermore, reporting, auditing, and tracking solutions from banks are notoriously limited. Cambridge’s cutting edge online portal, called “Cambridge Link”, perfectly complements the traditional one-on-one phone-brokering service. Cambridge Link can be integrated into your internal enterprise software to provide a seamless experience. With Cambridge there’s comfort of a familiar voice on the other end of the phone, and at the same time instant visibility into all stages from execution of a trade to delivery of funds. If your business has been impacted by recent negative currency fluctuations or just simply being charged too much for payments then allow the team at Cambridge to assist. Please give David Earl a call on 0207 398 5700 or email David on firstname.lastname@example.org. www.cambridgefx.com.
- Liquidation.co.uk – Providing fast and effective liquidations. They provide the following services: assistance for you and your clients, free confidential advice, advice tailored to the individual circumstances of each client, competitive fees and support throughout the entirety of the liquidation process. Contact 01455 555408 or email email@example.com or visit www.liquidation.co.uk.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Save 16% on Microsoft Office 365! Get business-class email, plus both the desktop and web versions of Office 2016 applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. The bundle also includes HD video conferencing with Skype for Business. To find out more please click here.
- Sage – Special discounts on Sage products. Please send an email to SageEnquiries@iab.org.uk for further details.
- Payrolljobsboard.com – The Payrolljobsboard.com is the official vacancy advertising partner of the IAB and members can register for free to receive job alerts and CV tips. Members can also enjoy 20% off of advertising rates and 50% off of the Salary Benchmarking service. To gain access to the exclusive offer on job advertisements please quote IAB at the checkout. Please note the code is case sensitive. To find out more visit: www.payrolljobsboard.com/iab or contact the Payrolljobsboard direct on:firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 811112.
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) – For IAB members that wish to join FSB a £30 discount is available (terms and conditions apply). The £30 registration fee will be waived for all IAB members (quote code IAB915). This promotion is provided by FSB. FSB Business Essentials membership will assist you to grow your business via networking opportunities, access to funding and much more. It will also help to protect your business by giving you access to legal advice, employment and tax protection, insurance advice and could also help to save your business money with discounts on a variety of essential business services. For more information or to join now, please call 0808 20 20 888 quoting IAB915.*
- *FSB Business Essentials Membership starts from £147 per annum with a £30 registration fee in the first year. Please see the website for full details of subscription rate bands. Until 5.00pm on the 01/09/2020 the registration fee will be waived for all full business essentials members joining over the telephone or online and quoting the code IAB915. Code must be quoted during the telephone joining process or inputted during the online joining process. Calls are normally free of charge from UK landlines but charges may apply from mobile phones. Lines open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. Registered Office: National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses Limited, Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool Business Park, Blackpool, FY4 2FE.
- Rift Research & Development – IAB members can receive up to a 20% referral fee for all clients or other businesses they successfully refer to RIFT Research & Development, which specialises in helping companies gain thousands of pounds back through Research and Development (R&D) tax relief. For more information see www.riftresearch.com/
- Net Lawman – Net Lawman stocks a large collection of legal document templates online, from service contracts to draft minutes and notices for company meetings, that can be used by you or your clients. All documents are written in plain English and come with guidance notes, making editing easy. Net Lawman offers IAB members a 20% discount on any document templates. For more information visit www.netlawman.co.uk/iab
- Hospital and Medical Care Association (HMCA)– The IAB has negotiated with HMCA to offer discounted rates for medical plans, dental plan, hospital cash plans, personal accident plan, travel plan, life cover, income protection and vehicle breakdown products. For further information please click here.
- Fleet Innovations – Fleet Innovations are offering IAB members and their clients over 40% discount off the PEAK flag ship product the GPS Trip Stick. The PEAK system currently offers five different ways to capture mileage, so no matter what your requirement there is a solution for you. Normal price £84.99 for the Trip Stick and £4.99 per month for the subscription. IAB members only have to pay £84.99 for both the Trip Stick and 12 months subscription. Please click here for more details.
- Interlinguae – Members and businesses in which members are employed can gain access to a 7% discount on translation services offered by Interlinguae, a leading international accredited company providing translation, interpreting and language training services. For more information please contact Alice Beatrizzotti at email@example.com or call +44(0) 77 61 94 65 74 or visit www.interlinguae.it/en.
- LILA – The IAB has partnered with LILA of Liverpool to offer English language and professional training courses at a discounted price. All members are entitled to a 12.5% discount on any course offered by LILA. For further information and enrolment on any course please contact LILA owner and director, Leanne Linacre on Leanne@lilalovetolearn.com or visit www.lilalovetolearn.com.
Gain more support (6 benefits)
- Technical advice – Access to technical advice provided by a panel of experienced members. If your query is related to VAT or tax then there is a special helpline available to you provided by Vantage. For more information please contact the Membership Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1732 897750.
- Helplines – Access to a legal helpline and employment law and health and safety advice line provided by Vantage.
- SmartVault – SmartVault is an online platform for managing and securely sharing files. It’s integrated with market leading business and accounting apps to give you a more efficient workflow. They have two online courses available for IAB members to sign up to for free. Please find further details below. www.smartvault.com/.
- GDPR mini-course for accountants and bookkeepers
- Not sure if you are GDPR compliant or want to know what to do next? Sign up to the SmartVault complimentary five-day email mini-course to get actionable tips delivered right to your inbox. You can sign up here: smartvault.com/GDPR-mini-course-for-bookkeepers.
- How to get great results from your bookkeeping business
- A 4-part educational series with thought-leader, Jane Aylwin. She will cover the four critical success factors of running a bookkeeping business: Price, Customer Service, Delivery and Confidence. You can sign up here: smartvault.com/uk-edu-series.
- GDPR mini-course for accountants and bookkeepers
- Your Local Book-keeper – This is a website where members wishing to receive support can go to gain answers to any questions they might have. The website has been set up by IAB member Frauke Golding FIAB. Frauke has been running her own practice for over 30 years so has plenty of bookkeeping experience. The idea for the website arose after she had been asked, on numerous occasions, whether she would mentor bookkeepers. However, she was too busy running her own businesses to give the time needed. Anyone wishing to take advantage of this support can register to use the site and ask Frauke questions, which she will either answer herself or point you in the right direction. As well as being able to post your own questions you can also view questions asked by other users, to enable you to benefit from the support given to them. Frauke also includes information on many of the resources she has found useful for bookkeepers and accountants and provides tips and advice in one place, which you also may find useful, making it different to the existing technical support available to you. To find out more take a look at: www.yourlocalbook-keeper.co.uk/. Further information about how to register to access the site and the cost to join can be found here: www.yourlocalbook-keeper.co.uk/create-a-login.html.
- AMLCC – In December 2007 the Money Laundering Regulations came into force. The Regulations require all accountants and bookkeepers working as accountancy service providers to register for supervision and be compliant to the Regulations. The IAB have partnered with AMLCC to provide the complete AMLCC package for free to IAB Members in Practice. To register for free you will need to enter your membership number prefixed by IAB in the discount code for the complete package option on the AMLCC website. To see an overview of the product and register please click here. To check you are registered as a Member in Practice please contact our Compliance Team on 01732 897750 or email@example.com.
- IAB newsletters – Receive monthly IAB e-newsletters and the printed ‘IAB Update’ magazine which is sent quarterly, keeping you informed of news and information about the IAB as well as news and updates from HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and much more.
- Croner-i – Receive a free monthly technical e-newsletters, called Kestrian Small Practitioner, provided by Croner-i. This invaluable and informative newsletter is specifically designed for the small practitioner and will ensure you are kept up to date with the latest developments affecting you and your clients. Providing you with in-depth coverage on all the key topics in tax, accounting and auditing, articles are drawn from numerous sources and include author commentary providing a valuable insight into the SME tax and accounting sector. You can also gain access to a wealth of online resources providing regular news to enable you to keep up to date with important developments as they happen so that you can in turn provide the best advice to your clients or employers. Find out more here.
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP): your guide to UK payroll legislation and reporting for 2019-20 – Payroll: need to know (previously known as policy news journal) has been produced by the CIPP and is available for IAB members to view for free. It contains all relevant UK payroll, pensions and general employment News Online items and is indexed and categorised for easy reference. Each item is in date order (the most recent entry being at the bottom) to ensure you know you have the latest updates on any given subject.The titles of new news articles added since the last publication are highlighted in blue to ensure that they will be clearly visible in the index.Follow this link to access the latest edition of Payroll: need to know! Your guide to UK payroll legislation and reporting for 2018-19.The journal is produced on a tax year basis and by the end of each tax year will be closed off and restarted with any significant live news items being carried forward to the following year’s edition and then added to on a weekly basis with each edition of the CIPP’s News Online.Using the index is easy – find your topic of interest and CTRL + click will take you straight there.
- Tax data card (UK members only) – Receive a tax data card each year with our magazine to help you keep track of important dates and to keep up to date with the latest tax rates.
- IAB Facebook group – Available exclusively for IAB members, the group has been created to provide further support to you and a platform where you can interact with fellow members. The group can be used for discussions relevant to studying or the bookkeeping profession, and can be used to post any queries you may have. To request to join the group visit: www.facebook.com/groups/IABmembersgroup.
- IAB notebook – Receive a notebook when you renew your professional membership. This is replacing the diary which was previously sent.
The IAB reserves the right, at its full discretion, to remove, add or amend member benefits. Where benefits are discontinued, the IAB will use its best endeavours to replace with others that are comparable or provide alternative value.