As an IAB professional member you open the door to exclusive opportunities to grow your career – and build your future.
Offering a wealth of resources to support you professionally as well as discounts, professional membership also lets employers and clients know you are ahead of the field.
Please click on the options below to view further information about each of the benefits available to you.
Gain more status (5 benefits)
- IAB designatory letters – Entitlement to use IAB designatory letters after your name as evidence of the fact that you hold a professional qualification and/or have the relevant experience.
- Supervision under the Money Laundering Regulations – Entitlement to register and be supervised as an IAB Member in Practice and thereby comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017. If you’re in practice then it is a legal requirement to have supervision in place. Further information about these regulations can be found here. Please note the application to be registered with the IAB as a Member in Practice is separate to the application for professional membership and there is also an additional fee.
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – including seminars and online modules at special rates for IAB members. The IAB arranges several seminars throughout the year and the IAB also works with providers of online CPD. Please find a list of these providers below including CPD units provided by the IAB.
- IAB CPD units – We have Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units available for you to study which are taken from our Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualifications. You’re able to study the CPD units as a self-study student meaning you can study flexibly around your home or work commitments and learn while you earn. The units enable you to learn in-demand and highly sought after skills so you can refresh your knowledge or upskill. The knowledge you gain can be used either within your own business or improve your job prospects and open the door to a range of career opportunities. The units are short courses and excellent value for money with prices ranging between £35 and £55 per unit. As an IAB member you can receive a discount of £10 on each course by entering IABMEMCPD2019 at the checkout. For further details and to register for the CPD units please click here.
- Accountingcpd.net is pleased to offer members of the IAB a 10% discount on their total order. There are a range of courses to choose from on over 30 topics. Accountingcpd.net, from Nelson Croom, is an online resource for high quality accounting CPD that meets the requirements of all UK accounting bodies’ CPD regimes. For more information click here.
- Learn Payroll – Learn Payroll are the biggest payroll learning company in the UK and offer a huge range or training solutions. One of their most innovative solutions is a monthly training programme of live training webinars and videos. Each month you get access to live and on demand video sessions, together with downloadable full course notes) that cover the latest hot topics and issues within payroll, benefits and HR.Members have the opportunity to access this key training resource at a hugely discounted premium.
1 – One individual webinar : £50 + VAT
2 – Annual webinar package : £99 + VAT
3 – Annual webinar package and 6 help-desk calls : £149 + VAT
To find out further information, and to view the video training and course notes for free, please click here or call 01798 861111 and one of the Learn Payroll team will discuss the options.
- Excel with Business – Excel with Business provide online CPD courses in Microsoft Office products. They have teamed up with the IAB to bring members a great discount on its Excel training courses. Please click on the links below for further details:
- Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £19 (RRP £59)
- Excel and advanced excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £29
- Ultimate Excel training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £49 (RRP £199)
- Ultimate Office training course in partnership with Excel with Business – £59 (RRP £299)
- Xero Certification – Xero are able to offer the chance to become Xero Certified via the IAB. In this fast paced and ever changing world it’s the ideal way to learn more about cloud bookkeeping. The pace of change has never been faster and the importance of tech know-how has never been greater. Completing Xero Certification is a great step towards having a very solid understanding of all things cloud bookkeeping and of Xero. Further information can be found in this article: https://www.iab.org.uk/e_newsletters/xero-certification-offer-for-iab-members/. The course usually costs £25 + VAT, but as an IAB member you can get the course for free by entering the following discount code: XeroIAB12m.
- IAB qualifications – Improve your skill set by taking an IAB qualification and gain new skills and knowledge to use in your career. Receive a £10 discount from any IAB qualification registration fee if you choose the self-study route. Self-study is where you teach yourself either from existing knowledge, from the IAB Study Text books which can be bought via the IAB shop www.iab.org.uk/shop or from other teaching and learning resources. This method of study has no tutor support. Please note if you would like to study through an IAB accredited training provider then this discount will not apply. When registering for a qualification please quote ‘PSS’ followed by your membership number to receive your discount.
Gain more time (18 benefits)
- IAB Members Handbook – containing valuable information for all members and sample business documents of particular relevance and use to practising members e.g. Letters of Engagement, Compliance Checklists.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – Receive discounted rates from Arthur J. Gallagher, Solar Protect, Hensure Business Insurance and Trafalgar Risk Management. Further information about Solar Taxwise can also be found below:
- Solar Protect offer new improved rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance for IAB members with annual premiums starting at just £54.00. Please click here to obtain a quote and buy option. You can further reduce your annual premium by selecting the optional excess.
- IAB Privileges – Preferential rates for personal and business insurance, discounts on business and lifestyle goods and services brought to you by IAB Privileges – a source of genuine savings that can easily exceed the IAB annual subscription.
- PG Mutual is one of the benefits included within IAB Privileges. PG Mutual can provide affordable Income Protection cover to suit your individual needs whether you’re employed or self-employed, if you found yourself unable to work due to an accident or illness. View more information here, or get a Quick Quote online.
- FA Simms & Partners – FA Simms & Partners are a family-run business rescue and insolvency firm who have helped 1000’s of businesses over their 35 year trading history. They offer IAB members a free helpline where they can discuss any insolvency questions they may have and will receive free impartial and confidential advice direct from an Insolvency Practitioner. www.fasimms.co.uk/. A range of help sheets can also be found by visiting www.fasimms.co.uk/insolvency-help-sheets.
- Simply Cashflow – Simply Cashflow is an automated easy to use cash flow forecasting tool with a worksheet style to give a clear understanding of your forecast. Either use as a standalone tool or link with your Xero account for automated importing of all your raised and received invoices, bank transactions including daily bank balance updates. Permitting users to forecast ahead Daily, Weekly or Monthly for up to 5 years. It’s about good business management empowering business owners to be successful by giving them the visibility of their forecast cash position; be that in 1 week, 1 month or 1 year ahead. Exclusive to IAB members, enter discount code IAB50 to get your 50% discount. Just visit www.simplycashflow.com/iab50 to signup for your free trial.
- Astrid Data Protection Ltd – Astrid is an online platform designed to help small businesses protect the personal data they hold and meet the requirements of GDPR. They are keen to support sole proprietors and microbusinesses by removing the fear factors of GDPR and providing all the tools and advice to make it as easy as possible to comply – whilst keeping this affordable for even the smallest businesses. Astrid breaks down all the activities you need to undertake into practical, manageable steps, and provides you with all the forms and tools needed. There is also a training suite and lots of helpful resources tailored around common concerns of small businesses managing sensitive data. As a member of the IAB, you can benefit from an introductory 20% discount until the end of March 2019. To benefit from this discount simply click on this link https://www.weareastrid.co.uk?referral_code=IAB20 or you can use the code IAB20. Astrid also offers a free 3 month trial – you can create a free account to see how Astrid works and access some compliance guidance and documents.
- Yell –Yell Starter Pack Offer – The IAB have teamed up with Yell, the No.1 for managed digital marketing services for all types of local businesses in the UK1 to bring you a great offer. Yell have many solutions to help you be found, chosen and trusted online and now our members can get an additional £10 off the Yell Starter Pack, paying only £20 per month instead of £30*. The Yell Starter Pack will get you online, with a fully built web site, a prominent listing on Yell.com as well as promoting your business across a network of search engines and websites, all for just £20 per month*. Call Yell’s Digital Experts free on 0800 777 445 and quote ‘IAB Offer’ to get started. Alternatively visit: https://business.yell.com/callback/?utm_source=iab.org.uk&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=starter-pack-call-back-request. *T&Cs apply – View them at https://business.yell.com/legal/iab-partner-offer-terms-starter-pack/.
- M-Brain 2017, #1 in terms of revenue from sales of managed digital marketing services
Yell’s Free Websites Offer -Who doesn’t like something for FREE! With Yell, IAB members are able to sign up for a brand new website, including a custom .co.uk domain name of your choice…all completely for free! The simple online process allows you to build your own website and get it live on the internet in under an hour. If you don’t already have a website, or even if you want a second one, why not select a template to get started. If you already have a website, why not use Yell’s FREE website SEO checker or the FREE Business visibility tool to help boost your online marketing performance.
- Funder Finder – The IAB Funder Finder engine is simple and free, using straightforward information to match SMEs with an impressive selection of finance market leaders within minutes, with funds available from £500 up to £50 million. It is a business finance comparison engine, provided by Alternative Business Funding (ABF). It can open new conversations and ways for you to engage your clients by offering access to a fair and safe web engine that revolutionises the way professionals can offer their clients’ access to a whole-of-market solution, in a fully compliant way. If you work in an employed position, then your employer may be interested in using the platform too. To use the service and enhance your business services and client support please contact India Lewis: email@example.com who can guide you through the quick and easy process by phone. The solution is fair to the SME as funders cannot buy the way to the top of the rankings and your clients or employer would pay no more by using the engine than going to a funder direct. To view the terms and conditions for using the platform for your clients please visit: www.iab.org.uk/iab-funder-finder-referring-clients.If you have your own practice and are looking for funding options, then you may wish to use the platform yourself. To discover the options available to you visit: iab.funderfinder.co.uk.
- Cambridge Global Payments – For the past 25 years Cambridge Global Payments have been providing services to both corporate and private clients. Technology at Cambridge has supported the speed and efficiency that other financial institutions may not support. Rates are often competitive, but institutions can often add a hefty transaction fees. Furthermore, reporting, auditing, and tracking solutions from banks are notoriously limited. Cambridge’s cutting edge online portal, called “Cambridge Link”, perfectly complements the traditional one-on-one phone-brokering service. Cambridge Link can be integrated into your internal enterprise software to provide a seamless experience. With Cambridge there’s comfort of a familiar voice on the other end of the phone, and at the same time instant visibility into all stages from execution of a trade to delivery of funds. If your business has been impacted by recent negative currency fluctuations or just simply being charged too much for payments then allow the team at Cambridge to assist. Please give David Earl a call on 0207 398 5700 or email David on firstname.lastname@example.org. www.cambridgefx.com.
- Liquidation.co.uk – Providing fast and effective liquidations. They provide the following services: assistance for you and your clients, free confidential advice, advice tailored to the individual circumstances of each client, competitive fees and support throughout the entirety of the liquidation process. Contact 01455 555408 or email email@example.com or visit www.liquidation.co.uk.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Save 16% on Microsoft Office 365! Get business-class email, plus both the desktop and web versions of Office 2016 applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. The bundle also includes HD video conferencing with Skype for Business. To find out more please click here.
- Sage – Special discounts on Sage products. Please send an email to SageEnquiries@iab.org.uk for further details.
- Payrolljobsboard.com – The Payrolljobsboard.com is the official vacancy advertising partner of the IAB and members can register for free to receive job alerts and CV tips. Members can also enjoy 20% off of advertising rates and 50% off of the Salary Benchmarking service. To gain access to the exclusive offer on job advertisements please quote IAB at the checkout. Please note the code is case sensitive. To find out more visit: www.payrolljobsboard.com/iab or contact the Payrolljobsboard direct on:firstname.lastname@example.org or 01727 811112.
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) – For IAB members that wish to join FSB a £30 discount is available (terms and conditions apply). The £30 registration fee will be waived for all IAB members (quote code IAB915). This promotion is provided by FSB. FSB Business Essentials membership will assist you to grow your business via networking opportunities, access to funding and much more. It will also help to protect your business by giving you access to legal advice, employment and tax protection, insurance advice and could also help to save your business money with discounts on a variety of essential business services. For more information or to join now, please call 0808 20 20 888 quoting IAB915.*
- *FSB Business Essentials Membership starts from £147 per annum with a £30 registration fee in the first year. Please see the website for full details of subscription rate bands. Until 5.00pm on the 30/06/2019 the registration fee will be waived for all full business essentials members joining over the telephone or online and quoting the code IAB915. Code must be quoted during the telephone joining process or inputted during the online joining process. Calls are normally free of charge from UK landlines but charges may apply from mobile phones. Lines open 8am – 6pm weekdays, closed Bank Holidays. Registered Office: National Federation of Self Employed and Small Businesses Limited, Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool Business Park, Blackpool, FY4 2FE.
- Rift Research & Development – IAB members can receive up to a 20% referral fee for all clients or other businesses they successfully refer to RIFT Research & Development, which specialises in helping companies gain thousands of pounds back through Research and Development (R&D) tax relief. For more information see www.riftresearch.com/
- Net Lawman – Net Lawman stocks a large collection of legal document templates online, from service contracts to draft minutes and notices for company meetings, that can be used by you or your clients. All documents are written in plain English and come with guidance notes, making editing easy. Net Lawman offers IAB members a 20% discount on any document templates. For more information visit www.netlawman.co.uk/iab
- Hospital and Medical Care Association (HMCA)– The IAB has negotiated with HMCA to offer discounted rates for medical plans, dental plan, hospital cash plans, personal accident plan, travel plan, life cover, income protection and vehicle breakdown products. For further information please click here.
- Fleet Innovations – Fleet Innovations are offering IAB members and their clients over 40% discount off the PEAK flag ship product the GPS Trip Stick. The PEAK system currently offers five different ways to capture mileage, so no matter what your requirement there is a solution for you. Normal price £84.99 for the Trip Stick and £4.99 per month for the subscription. IAB members only have to pay £84.99 for both the Trip Stick and 12 months subscription. Please click here for more details.
- Interlinguae – Members and businesses in which members are employed can gain access to a 7% discount on translation services offered by Interlinguae, a leading international accredited company providing translation, interpreting and language training services. For more information please contact Alice Beatrizzotti at email@example.com or call +44(0) 77 61 94 65 74 or visit www.interlinguae.it/en.
- LILA – The IAB has partnered with LILA of Liverpool to offer English language and professional training courses at a discounted price. All members are entitled to a 12.5% discount on any course offered by LILA. For further information and enrolment on any course please contact LILA owner and director, Leanne Linacre on Leanne@lilalovetolearn.com or visit www.lilalovetolearn.com.
Gain more support (6 benefits)
- Technical advice – Access to technical advice provided by a panel of experienced members. If your query is related to VAT or tax then there is a special helpline available to you provided by Vantage. For more information please contact the Membership Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1732 897750.
- Helplines – Access to a legal helpline and employment law and health and safety advice line provided by Vantage.
- Your Local Book-keeper – This is a website where members wishing to receive support can go to gain answers to any questions they might have. The website has been set up by IAB member Frauke Golding FIAB. Frauke has been running her own practice for over 30 years so has plenty of bookkeeping experience. The idea for the website arose after she had been asked, on numerous occasions, whether she would mentor bookkeepers. However, she was too busy running her own businesses to give the time needed. Anyone wishing to take advantage of this support can register to use the site and ask Frauke questions, which she will either answer herself or point you in the right direction. As well as being able to post your own questions you can also view questions asked by other users, to enable you to benefit from the support given to them. Frauke also includes information on many of the resources she has found useful for bookkeepers and accountants and provides tips and advice in one place, which you also may find useful, making it different to the existing technical support available to you. To find out more take a look at: www.yourlocalbook-keeper.co.uk/. Further information about how to register to access the site and the cost to join can be found here: www.yourlocalbook-keeper.co.uk/create-a-login.html.
- AMLCC – In December 2007 the Money Laundering Regulations came into force. The Regulations require all accountants and bookkeepers working as accountancy service providers to register for supervision and be compliant to the Regulations. The IAB have partnered with AMLCC to provide the complete AMLCC package for free to IAB Members in Practice. To register for free you will need to enter your membership number prefixed by IAB in the discount code for the complete package option on the AMLCC website. To see an overview of the product and register please click here. To check you are registered as a Member in Practice please contact our Compliance Team on 01732 897750 or email@example.com.
- IAB newsletters – Receive monthly IAB e-newsletters and the printed ‘IAB Update’ magazine which is sent quarterly, keeping you informed of news and information about the IAB as well as news and updates from HMRC, The Pensions Regulator and much more.
- Croner-i – Receive a free monthly technical e-newsletters, called Kestrian Small Practitioner, provided by Croner-i. This invaluable and informative newsletter is specifically designed for the small practitioner and will ensure you are kept up to date with the latest developments affecting you and your clients. Providing you with in-depth coverage on all the key topics in tax, accounting and auditing, articles are drawn from numerous sources and include author commentary providing a valuable insight into the SME tax and accounting sector. You can also gain access to a wealth of online resources providing regular news to enable you to keep up to date with important developments as they happen so that you can in turn provide the best advice to your clients or employers. Find out more here.
- Tax data card (UK members only) – Receive a tax data card each year with our magazine to help you keep track of important dates and to keep up to date with the latest tax rates.
- IAB Facebook group – Available exclusively for IAB members, the group has been created to provide further support to you and a platform where you can interact with fellow members. The group can be used for discussions relevant to studying or the bookkeeping profession, and can be used to post any queries you may have. To request to join the group visit: www.facebook.com/groups/IABmembersgroup.
- IAB notebook – Receive a notebook when you renew your professional membership. This is replacing the diary which was previously sent.
The IAB reserves the right, at its full discretion, to remove, add or amend member benefits. Where benefits are discontinued, the IAB will use its best endeavours to replace with others that are comparable or provide alternative value.