Levels Of Membership
You can become a member of the IAB bookkeeping community in two different ways; by assessment in a short knowledge test if you have no relevant qualifications, or by exemption if you have relevant qualifications and work experience.
(Level 2 qualifications or equivalent)
(Level 3 qualifications or equivalent)
(Level 4 qualifications or equivalent)
As the highest grade of IAB membership, a Fellow is a special accolade as it symbolises your proven expertise and experience and enables you to use the letters FIAB after your name.
Apply for an IAB Membership today
To register for Membership, you must complete the application in full and upload your professional qualification & Accountancy software certificates, plus a copy of your current CV.
Become a member of the IAB and gain professional status and support.
The IAB offers three levels of membership: Associate, Member and Fellow. To register for Membership, we require you to complete the registration in full and upload your professional qualification certificates and a current CV. This will enable us to determine the level of membership we can offer you. Each application is assessed individually taking experience and qualifications into account, so please include as much information as possible when completing your application.
To ensure all our members meet the same high standards; we require proof of an annual DBS check, dated less than 6 months old, on application or renewal of membership.
Alumni is for those who are not practicing anymore but still want to keep in touch and up-to-date.
Why join the IAB?
Membership with the IAB offers our members’ a variety of exciting benefits. You become part of a larger family which is run by Bookkeepers for Bookkeepers. You’ll benefit from:
- Access to the Croner-i helpline, where you can receive free tax, payroll and HR advice, the normal cost is £3500 per year.
- Use of designatory letters
- Access to a wide range of support, resources and discounts on professional products.
- Receiving all the latest industry updates and news from the IAB through our monthly e-newsletter, podcasts, and the highly commended quarterly printed magazine, ‘The Bookkeeper’.
- Opportunity to join one of our UK based Ambassador networking groups where you can share your experience and gain valuable support from your fellow members.
- Monthly coffee mornings with guest speakers on a live Q&A call, where we provide industry related information, which count towards your CPD points
- Resources, Webinars, templates and guidance notes
- IAB Benefits: Exclusive discounts
- Social Media and Facebook Groups
We require all of our members to provide us with an up-to-date DBS check. To find out more about our DBS policy, please have a look at our FAQs. Click Here.
Since 2007, any person offering services for bookkeeping, accounting or payroll administration must have a valid licence issued by a Professional body Supervisor, such as IAB.
If you require Anti-Money Laundering supervision with the IAB, you will firstly need to hold Professional membership at either Member (MIAB) or Fellow (FIAB) status with the IAB and be a resident of the UK.
Need further help?
If you need to contact the Membership Department, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)208 187 8888 and one of our team will be more than happy to help you.