Further events have been arranged for 2018 covering a range of highly topical areas including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Making Tax Digital.
Please find more information about the events below:
An Introduction to GDPR
Date: Tuesday 27th March
Time: 12 – 1:30pm
Venue: Lancaster Room, Building 80, Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4YU.
The IAB has arranged an event with the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) on the new GDPR, which is set to come into effect in May 2018, strengthening the obligations on all businesses in regard to the safeguarding of individuals’ personal information.
The guest speaker will be Antonio Fletcher from Brachers LLP. He will give an introduction to GDPR and provide guidance on the key steps needed to protect your business or the business you work for.
There will also be the opportunity for you to network with other IAB members as well as businesses who are members with the FSB.
Lunch will be included.
Everyone is welcome so why not bring a friend or colleague?
How to book:
There is limited space available so book now! The cost to attend is £15. To book please click here.
Date: Wednesday 23rd May
Time: 9:30am – 4pm
Venue: Hilton London Green Park, Half Moon Street, London W1J 7BN
The presentations will include:
- An update from HMRC on Making Tax Digital
- Updates to the AMLCC platform – anti-money laundering compliance platform and how it can help you to comply with the updated Money Laundering Regulations
- The cloud and new digital technologies
- VAT update and general overview
To view the full programme please click here.
How to book:
To download the booking form please click here. You can also book over the phone by contacting the membership team: 01732 897750.
Please note there is no parking available at this venue and the nearest tube station is Green Park.
Reasons to attend these events:
- Keep up-to-date and find out more about key legislation and developments affecting you, your clients or your employer, including Making Tax Digital
- Gain Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
- Network with fellow IAB members and other businesses
- If you have your own bookkeeping practice or are thinking of becoming self-employed, then gain guidance on complying with the Money Laundering Regulations
Further events will be arranged later in the year. You can keep up-to-date with the latest events taking place on the events section of the IAB website: www.iab.org.uk/calendar/. You will also find here events arranged by The Institute of Financial Accountants and The Bookkeepers Alliance.
Comments are closed.