Every business with employees has a payroll, and so requires someone to run and process it.
This makes payroll is an important skill and really makes you stand out from the crowd.
For a bookkeeper in practise it can add another string to your bow and expand the services that you offer to your clients.
For a person in employment, it makes you a invaluable member of the team.
Or if you are looking for employment an IAB Payroll qualification will make you stand out from all the other applicants.
Your journey as a Payroll Professional
The IAB starts from Level 1 with our payroll qualifications. This means you can start at the begin with the basics and build your knowledge. With both computerised payroll qualifications which focus purely on using a computerised payroll software to ‘Payroll’ qualifications which offers a comprehensive look at payroll across the levels
The IAB stops at Level 3 but your payroll journey doesn’t have to stop there. You can use your Level 3 qualification and make the leap to the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) where you can continue your payroll education and career.
Why should I study with the IAB?
- The IAB is an Ofqual Recognised Awarding Organisation with regulated qualifications, which means studying through the IAB leads to you gaining valued, professional status
- Gaining an IAB qualification gives prospective employers or clients complete confidence in your expert skills, whilst exclusive access to IAB Professional membership offers on-going support throughout your career
- IAB qualifications open new doors to exciting careers, as well as extend business accounting and payroll skills if you’re currently employed or a business owner
- With skills gained from IAB qualifications you can set up your own business as a professional bookkeeper or a payroll administrator for numerous industries. The IAB supervises those of its professional members who are in business as bookkeepers with their own clients and it is important to be aware after qualifying, it is a legal requirement to be supervised
- You could secure a position in a local accountancy practice which needs bookkeepers and payroll administrators to prepare their clients’ accounts
- You will have access to a range of professional and lifestyle benefits saving you money and helping you to begin or further your career.
- Free student membership for a year when registering onto an IAB qualification and access to past exam papers and additional resources
What are the different ways to study?
Below are the three ways you can study for your IAB qualification. Click on each one to discover more about that type of study and the next steps for getting enrolled.
What are the benefits of being a student member of the IAB?
As a student member of the IAB you have access to a range of benefits. These are aimed to help you save money and by gaining qualifications with the IAB it also helps to further your professional career.
The benefits currently available to students include:
- You can apply for a NUS Extra Card, giving you discounts from a range of high street and online stores.
- Student Privileges has been designed to offer you a taster of the full benefits package available to professional members. It is the unique member’s benefits package offering IAB students fantastic cost-saving discounts on a portfolio of everyday products and services, designed to support you both personally and professionally. Offers include: discounts on cinema tickets, money off Apple products, retail cashback between 5 and 15%, discounts on hotel accommodation, CV Writing and interview coaching service
- Access to monthly e-newsletters keeping you informed about the latest news from the IAB, including information about qualifications and events
- Access to the restricted area of the IAB website. This brings a number of additional benefits including allowing you access to past exam papers, further information regarding professional membership with the IAB once you have successfully completed the necessary IAB qualifications, and being able to view a webinar providing CV and interview advice to help you to maximise your career potential
- As an IAB student you are entitled to a 12.5% discount on any course offered by LILA of Liverpool, who offer English language and professional training courses. For more information please see www.lilalovetolearn.com/
- The Edgware Academy of London is offering IAB students a 10% discount on any course programme fees. This offer extends to all types of courses, general English, exam type, professional English and summer programmes. You can also take advantage of Edgware’s accommodation service in London even if they are not interested in attending a course programme. For more information please see www.edgwareacademy.co.uk/
- The Wimbledon School of English is offering IAB students a 10% discount on any course programme fees. In addition it is also possible to take advantage of their accommodation service if you are enrolling on one of their courses. For more information please see www.wimbledon-school.ac.uk/
(If you have registered with us as a student and would like further details about these benefits please log on to the restricted area of our website. If you haven’t received log in details or are having problems accessing the website please email email@example.com. )
IAB qualifications provide the perfect opportunity to gain employment and help you achieve your career goals. The IAB also offers Professional Membership to support you whether you set up your own business or decide to work for a company. To find out more about membership with us and the full range of professional and lifestyle benefits available please contact the membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01732 897750.
What’s the difference between student membership and professional membership?
You are automatically given a year’s free student membership when you register for an IAB qualification. Student membership doesn’t automatically grant you professional membership.
Professional membership is completely separate to this and is for those who have gained an IAB level 2 qualification or higher or an equivalent with another awarding body. There are fees involved with professional membership. To apply for professional membership please contact the membership team on 01732 897750 or email@example.com.