Builds on the skills and underpinning knowledge of the administration of the payroll using commercially available payroll software including preparation, processing, reconciliation and submission of payroll data.
The qualification is made up of:
1 – Online Knowledge Test
1 – Examination
Who is this qualification for?
The qualification will appeal to those learners who already have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject of payroll in a computerised payroll environment.
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the gathering, processing and reconciling of payroll data and keeping of payroll records for their business.
What you’ll study
Principles of legislation and payroll preparation – J/508/5815
- Understand legislation as it applies to payroll
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for a range of pay periods and situations
- Understand statutory deduction legislation
Computerised Payroll Administration – T/508/5812
- Be able to set up and maintain a computerised payroll system
- Be able to set up and maintain employee records within a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay elements into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of voluntary and statutory deductions
- Be able to process the payroll within given timescales
- Be able to reconcile the payroll and produce internal and external reports according to given timescales
How much will it cost?
For self-study students, (those studying without a training provider) The fee would be £105
This fee covers the following:
- Registration onto the qualification
- All IAB assessment fees (excluding re-sits)
- Certification upon successful completion of all assessments
- Free IAB student membership for 1 year (click here for a list of student benefits)
If you want to find out more about self study please click here
How is it assessed?
This qualification is made up of:
1 – Online Knowledge Test
Online Knowledge tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions. They are assessed via IABOnline and are open book. This might be taken in class or at home
1 – Paper Examination
Paper Examinations these are assessed under examination conditions. There will be a scenario which will be worked through on a computerised payroll package. A series of printouts will be generated throughout the examination and at the end. These printouts will then be submitted back to the IAB via the exam centre.
Examinations can be taken in any month and on any day (subject to the examination centre). This means that you can move up through the levels quickly as well.
Examinations require a minimum of 5 weeks notice in the UK and 8 weeks for those outside of the UK, before the examination date. This allows us enough time to process the registrations and get the examination papers dispatched