UK Professions Week: 10th - 16th November 2014
A group of the UK’s most prominent professional bodies have joined forces for Professions Week.
Running from 10 – 16 November 2014, the week will aim to increase interest and awareness among 14 – 19 year olds in the professions. It will also support teachers and careers advisors, giving them the relevant materials to help young people make informed decisions with regards to the professions.
A high-profile reception in the House of Commons will take place on 10 November to officially launch the Week. It is anticipated this will be followed by a series of regional and local activities organised by the professional bodies involving schools, colleges and other institutions.
Professions Week follows the release of a Sterling White Paper in August 2012, titled “Access to the Professions”. The week will not only focus on giving support to educational advisors and raising awareness of the professions, but will also help increase the visibility of professional bodies and their role in helping the economy.
The founding professional bodies involved in creating the Professions Week are:
- Association of Accounting Technicians
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Association of Taxation Technicians
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Chartered Management Institute
- Institute of Chartered Accountants England & Wales
- Institute of Leadership and Management
- Institute for Learning
- International Association of Book-keepers
For further information please visit: www.professionsweek.org.