The IAB Level 1 Award in computerised Payroll for Business is made up of the following:
2 – Online Computerised Tests
1 – Skills Assignment
Who is this qualification for?
- Individuals who are keen to gain an understanding of basic payroll procedures and also those who wish to become professional payroll processors.
- Individuals wishing to cover the basic functions from setting up the company details, entering employee records and calculating gross pay, to processing the first payroll and running all the reports required including payslips.
- Individuals who are complete beginners and the workbooks give clear and helpful instructions with an abundance of screenshots and activities.
What you’ll study
Making gross pay calculations – F5051145 (level 1 – 2 credit)
- Be able to calculate basic pay for different payroll periods
- Be able to calculate overtime payable from given information
- Be able to implement permanent changes to rates of pay from given organisational information
Payroll processing – J5051146 (level 1 – 2 credits)
- Be able to determine Income tax to be deducted from Gross Pay.
- Be able to determine National Insurance Contributions to be deducted from Gross Pay.
- Be able to reconcile the payroll and make payments to employees
Computerised payroll administration – T5051157 (Level 1 – 4 credits)
- Be able to set up a computerised payroll system
- Be able to set up employee records and payroll data in a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be able to back up and/or restore payroll data
- Understand statutory requirements for submitting information
Learning Resources Available
The learner will also receive two workbooks that covers the full course. The workbooks include not only the practical work using Sage software, but also the underpinning payroll knowledge to cover the learning required for coverage of the knowledge units. There are an abundance of screen shots from the software, so they can see what processes they should be doing and how that relates to payroll processing.
NB – Students can register for this qualification without requesting the Sage disc and workbooks.