The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll is made up of:
1 – Examination
Who is this qualification for?
- Individuals who are keen to gain an understanding of basic payroll procedures and also those who wish to become professional payroll processors.
- Individuals who are new to payroll and who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge required of payroll clerks prior to employment.
- Individuals who wish to understand the PAYE system in a computerised environment for their own interest.
- Individuals who would like to return to work and wish to add a basic understanding of computerised payroll to their skills.
- Individuals who are already employed in payroll processing or allied roles and wish to augment this knowledge with an accredited qualification in computerised payroll at level 1.
What you’ll study
Computerised payroll administration – T5051157 (Level 1 – 4 credits)
- Be able to set up a computerised payroll system
- Be able to set up employee records and payroll data in a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be able to back up and/or restore payroll data
- Understand statutory requirements for submitting information