The Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll is made up of the following:
1 – Online Computerised Test
1 – Examination
Who is this qualification for?
- Individuals who have achieved the IAB Level 1 Award/Certificate in Payroll
- Individuals who are new to working in payroll but have some previous general knowledge of payroll procedures.
- Individuals who now wish to increase their skills and knowledge to that required of payroll processors in a computerised payroll environment, prior to employment.
- Individuals who have previously worked in payroll and have not received a qualification.
- Individuals who wish to return to working in payroll and need to update their knowledge.
- Individuals who are already employed in payroll processing or allied roles and who wish to ensure that they have both a firm foundation and the knowledge and skills to perform some non-routine computerised payroll tasks.
- Individuals preparing for or undertaking an Apprenticeship in Payroll at Level 2.
What you’ll study
Computerised payroll theory – L5051276 (level 2 – 2 credits)
- Understand potential health and safety and security risks
- Maintain the security of data within a computerised environment
- Understand organisational procedures for processing payroll in a computerised environment
- Understand the statutory requirements for submitting information
Computerised payroll skills – Y5051278 (level 2 – 4 credits)
- Be able to process information on starters, leavers and changes to current employees
- Be able to process payroll accurately on a pay period basis
- Be able to back up and update systems when required
- Level 3 Certificate in Computerised Payroll Administration 601/9048/6
- Level 3 Certificate in Payroll Administration 601/9047/4
- Apply for professional membership at the grade of Associate