This qualification offers an enhanced understanding of payroll processing using commercially available payroll software.
The IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Payroll is made up of:
1 – Examination
Who is this qualification for?
The IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Payroll is suitable for:
- Individuals who already have a good working knowledge of the software and wish to further their studies of computerised payroll within a working business environment.
- Individuals who have successfully achieved the IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll or equivalent.
- Individuals who have good practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject.
- Owners of small businesses may also find this qualification useful as it gives coverage of wide range of tasks that can be carried out using commercially available payroll software.
What you’ll study
The IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Payroll contains the following unit:
Computerised Payroll administration – L/505/1391 (level 3 – 8 credits)
- Be able to set up a computerised payroll system
- Be able to set up employee records and payroll data in a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter voluntary and statutory additions and Deductions
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be able to produce reports to enable reconciliation of payments and deductions to external agencies
- Understand how and why payroll data is maintained
Apply for professional membership at the grade of Associate