Your Route into Chartered Accountancy or University

Your gateway to chartered accountancy

Did you know IAB qualifications open up new career opportunities? If your dream is to be a chartered accountant or payroll professional, take the first step to achieving it here.

Because IAB qualifications are recognised by a host of chartered accountancy bodies, you can continue studying at a higher level.

Better still, the following bodies accept your qualifications as entry credits to a range of courses:

  • Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
  • Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
  • Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
  • Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
  • Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
  • Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
  • Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)

Whether you want to pursue an ACA or any other finance qualification, the IAB helps get you there faster.

See the current list of exemptions granted to IAB-qualified students here.

Further your career … study at university

If you have a clutch of level 3 IAB qualifications, you can now head to university to study for a higher degree. You won’t even need to follow the traditional ‘A’ level route. How come?

Numerous UK universities and professional institutes – including Chartered Accountancy bodies – accept IAB qualifications as entry points, or exemption towards qualifications.

With vocational qualifications already in the bag, studying at university can boost your long-term career prospects even more.

The University of Northampton

Do you hold both the IAB level 3 Diploma in Accounting and Advanced Bookkeeping and IAB level 3 Certificate in Cost and Management Accounting?

If yes, you can enrol onto the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance programme at the University of Northampton. For more information about the course, please click here.

The University of Bolton

If you’d like to study near Manchester, the University of Bolton offers a brilliant opportunity. IAB members, who hold the following three diplomas at level 3, can study for the BA (Hons) Accountancy degree programme:

  • Cost and Management Accounting diploma
  • Accounting and Advanced Bookkeeping diploma
  • Business Law diploma

The university also offers exemptions to IAB members who – as well as the above – hold a level 4 diploma in Financial Information for Managers and Accounting to International Standards

If English is not your first language, you can only gain entry to a UK university if you have taken the IELTS test – achieving a minimum score of level 6.

Want to settle in the UK?

If you are applying for residency through the Border Agency, IAB qualifications are recognised within the points-based immigration system.