The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business is made up of the following:
3 – Online Computerised Tests
1 – Skills Assignment
Who is this qualification for?
- Individuals who wish to begin their studies of computerised accounting within a working business environment from a point of no previous knowledge.
- Individuals who have some practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain an accredited qualification in the subject.
- Owners of small businesses may also find this qualification useful as it gives coverage of the basic use of Sage software, suitable for the production of small business accounts.
What you’ll study
Introduction to bookkeeping – M/600/8737 (level 1 – 1 credit)
- Understand the job role and career path for a bookkeeper
- Understand different types of business organisation
- Know the terminology used in bookkeeping
Working within Bookkeeping – T/600/8738 (level 1 – 2 credits)
- Understand single-entry bookkeeping
- Know the general principles of VAT
- Understand what is meant by both cash and credit transactions
- Understand the principles of coding and batch control
- Understand how to process information in the books of prime entry (excluding the Journal)
- Understand responsibilities when working in a bookkeeping environment
Banking procedures – R/505/1098 (level 1 – 1 credit)
- Understand the banking process
- Understand document retention and storage requirements
Using a Computerised Accounting Application – K/506/8750 (level 1 – 5 credits)
- Be able to enter data into a Computerised Accounting Package
- Be able to record customer andsupplier invoices and credit notes
- Be able to process payments received from customers and made to suppliers
- Be able to correct transaction errors
- Be able to carry out a bank reconciliation
- Be able to prepare and produce financial documents to be sent to credit customers
- Be able to maintain the petty cash account
- Be able to produce reports using selection criteria and parameters
- Be able to identify simple data protection, storage and security issues
Learning Resources Available
The learner will also receive two workbooks that covers the full course. The workbook includes not only the practical work using Sage software, but also the underpinning bookkeeping knowledge to cover the learning required for coverage of the knowledge units. There are an abundance of screen shots from the software, so they can see what processes they should be doing and how that relates to accounting standards.
NB – Students can register for this qualification without requesting the Sage disc and workbooks.