HMRC will be undertaking scheduled maintenance to the Making Tax Digital (MTD) VAT service from Saturday 21 September at 16:00 until Monday 23 September at 16:00, during which time the MTD service for VAT will be closed.
During this period, customers and their agents will be unable to:
- Sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT,
- Create an Agent services account (although all other Agent services will be available),
- Submit VAT returns,
- View previous submissions and payment details,
- Set up new or cancel and amend existing direct debits,
- Review and update any business details,
- Access the Business Tax Account to view or change details.
There is also scheduled maintenance planned for this coming weekend which means customers may experience some intermittent issues with the MTD VAT and Income Tax services between 16:30 and 17:30 on Saturday 14 September and the services will be unavailable from 12:00am to 2:00am on Sunday 15 September.
Further details can be found on the VAT and ITSA service availability pages:
- VAT – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues/making-tax-digital-for-vat-service-availability-and-issues
- ITSA – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/use-software-to-send-income-tax-updates-service-availability-and-issues/use-software-to-send-income-tax-updates-service-availability-and-issues