As a student member of the IAB you have access to a range of benefits. These are aimed to help you save money and by gaining qualifications with the IAB it also helps to further your professional career.
The benefits currently available to students include:
- You can apply for a NUS Extra Card, giving you discounts from a range of high street and online stores. To apply please click here.
- Student Privileges has been designed to offer you a taster of the full benefits package available to professional members. It is the unique member’s benefits package offering IAB students fantastic cost-saving discounts on a portfolio of everyday products and services, designed to support you both personally and professionally. Offers include: discounts on cinema tickets, money off Apple products, retail cashback between 5 and 15%, discounts on hotel accommodation, CV Writing and interview coaching service.
- Discounts on online CPD courses in Microsoft Office products. Please click on the links below for further details:
- IAB CPD units – We have Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units available for you to study which are taken from our Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping qualifications. You’re able to study the CPD units as a self-study student meaning you can study flexibly around your home or work commitments and learn while you earn. The units enable you to learn in-demand and highly sought after skills so you can refresh your knowledge or upskill. The knowledge you gain can be used either within your own business or improve your job prospects and open the door to a range of career opportunities. The units are short courses and excellent value for money with prices ranging between £35 and £55 per unit. As an IAB student you can receive a discount of £10 on each course by entering IABMEMCPD2019 at the checkout. For further details and to register for the CPD units please click here.
- Access to monthly e-newsletters keeping you informed about the latest news from the IAB, including information about qualifications and events
- Access to the Student Area of the IAB website. This brings a number of additional benefits including allowing you access to past exam papers, further information regarding professional membership with the IAB once you have successfully completed the necessary IAB qualifications, and being able to view a webinar providing CV and interview advice to help you to maximise your career potential.
- IAB Facebook group – Available exclusively for IAB members, the group has been created to provide further support to you and a platform where you can interact with fellow members. The group can be used for discussions relevant to studying or the bookkeeping profession, and can be used to post any queries you may have. To request to join the group visit: www.facebook.com/groups/IABmembersgroup.
- Xero Certification – Xero are able to offer the chance to become Xero Certified via the IAB. In this fast paced and ever changing world it’s the ideal way to learn more about cloud bookkeeping. The pace of change has never been faster and the importance of tech know-how has never been greater. Completing Xero Certification is a great step towards having a very solid understanding of all things cloud bookkeeping and of Xero. Further information can be found in this article: https://www.iab.org.uk/e_newsletters/xero-certification-offer-for-iab-members/. The course usually costs £25 + VAT, but as an IAB student member you can get the course for free by entering the following discount code: XeroIAB12m.
- Members, accredited centres and businesses in which members are employed can gain access to a 7% discount on translation services offered by INTERLINGUAE, a leading international accredited company providing translation, interpreting and language training services. For more information please contact Alice Beatrizzotti at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 77 61 94 65 74 or visit www.interlinguae.it/en/.
IAB qualifications provide the perfect opportunity to gain employment and help you achieve your career goals. The IAB also offers Professional Membership to support you whether you set up your own business or decide to work for a company. To find out more about membership with us and the full range of professional and lifestyle benefits available please contact the membership team on email@example.com or phone 01732 897750.